10 Questions You Should Ask Your Wedding Photographer – Plus My Answers
Have you found your photographer yet? Once you have your top 2-3 picks, be sure you meet up with each of them. It is so important that you click and connect with your wedding photographer. After all, they will be with you all day on one of the most important day’s of your life. Connecting with your photographer will put you and your fiance at ease in front of the camera. Besides listening to your gut instinct, remember to ask these 10 questions when you meet up. See if the answers Aline with your vision.
- What Style Of Photography Do You Specialize In? I am a lifestyle photographer. Which means, I like to take photos that capture real moments in time as they happen. I do also like to sprinkle in some posed but natural elements also into my photography. I like to give my clients an over all well balanced portfolio of both real moments and posing yet natural images. I like to use natural light most of the time and prefer my edited images to have a film finish or look to them.
- Will My Images Be Retouched In Anyway? Yes, absolutely! I edit all images before they are sent off to you.
- How Many Hours Of Photography Coverage Do We Receive? I have a variety of packages to choose from. from 6-12 hours, I got your covered!
- What Is The Deposit And Total Fee? When Is It Due? After we meet and you decide we are the perfect fit, then I will send you an agreement to read over and fill in. Once I receive that back from you, you can then send me the retainer fee. The remaining amount is then due 2 weeks before your wedding date.
- Do Your Collections Include A Second Shooter? Yes, almost all of my collections includes a second shooter. If you are opting for an elopement with only a few hours needed, then I offer an Al A Carte menu and you may add a second shooter as you wish.
- How Long After A Wedding Do We Receive Our Photos? You will receive your images within a 6-8 week time frame.
- How Many Weddings Do You Work In A Weekend? I will book only 1 wedding per weekend. I want to ensure that you are my first and only priority and that I am fresh and ready to capture your special moments
- Do You Follow A Shot List? Yes, I do have a shot list that I have and follow for all weddings and events. I will also ask my clients if they have anything special or specific that they would like to me capture. I also like to have my couples give me an family dynamics that I need to know about, and also their must have shot list. Keeps everything on track and taken care of before the wedding.
- Are There Any Restrictions Sharing Photos Online? Do you Use A Water Mark On Our Images? There are no restrictions as to where you post your wedding photos. These photos are after all yours. You can share on your social media accounts, Facebook etc.. Have fun with it! I do not apply my water mark to your photos. I feel that a water mark takes away from the image.
- What Do You Wear On A Wedding Day? I wear black when I am working always. Black recedes and that helps me to not stand out. I wear comfortable black flat shoes and dress pants and nice dress shirt. I like to look professional at all times, Hair and makeup are done nicely 🙂
Let me know if you have any questions about any of these! Also, send me a note if you have anymore questions about photography.
Ready To Book Your Wedding?
I am super excited to work with you!