We all love the scent of coconuts. They instantly transport us away from our urban, snowy winters to a tropical beach in the Caribbean.
And yet, despite our love of coconut, I bet you’ve never considered the myriad of ways that coconut oil can be used to enhance your beauty routine.
Sure, you may have used coconut oil while cooking or baking, but it’s anti-inflammatory and moisturizing properties also make it an excellent product to add to your beauty regimen.
This article will highlight some of the ways you can incorporate coconut oil into your morning and nightly beauty routines. From lip balm to shaving cream, coconut oil provides a healthy and natural alternative to the chemical-laden beauty products of today.
Without further ado, check out 5 ways to work coconut oil into your beauty routine.
Image: Huffington Post
- The moisturizing properties of coconut oil make for a great hair mask. After shampooing, apply a generous amount of coconut oil to the ends of your hair and leave it on for 5 minutes before rinsing. You’ll have shiny, moisturized, and yummy-smelling hair before you know it!
- Coconut oil works wonders as a lip balm. It is super hydrating, meaning that will help repair dry, damaged, or chapped lips. Fill a contact lens holder or even a pill bottle with some coconut oil so you can get your chapped lip fix on the go!
- Believe it or not, coconut oil makes for a great, natural makeup remover, and all you need is one teaspoon! Warm the coconut oil so it’s liquid and then massage it onto your face. Rinse with warm water, and voila! A makeup-free face just in time for bed.
- Looking for a natural and moisturizing shaving cream? Look no further! Coconut oil is the perfect substitute for your run-of-the-mill women’s shaving cream. Warm the jar in the shower so the oil becomes liquified and rub it onto your legs. Your razor will glide smoothly over the oil and the oil will hydrate your skin.
5. Trying to fit in a DIY manicure before work? Coconut oil to the rescue! Coconut oil operates as a cuticle oil. If you rub a little bit of softened coconut oil on your cuticles before painting your nails, the oil will work to strengthen your nails and moisturize the cuticle skin. It’s a win-win.